Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's all out of love...

Growing up with an older brother and 4 older sisters there was a lot of flyting going on in the household. Survival of the fittest. I had to laugh when Dr. Sexson asked who the favorite in the family was...I don't think my parents had a favorite, honestly we all drove them nuts! I have to give my sister brianna (the middle child) the most credit for her witty flyting. I think she gets worse as she gets older. When i was little though, if my sisters were teasing me I would respond with a question, "are you deaf or dumb?" they were usually so dumbfounded that they left me alone, Brianna would try to ponder the question seriously....that's how I came to the conclusion she was simply dumb. She can come up with some very creative insults...colorful to say the least though extraordinarily vulgar and inappropriate.



Sadly, my four year old nephew also is into flyting now. Poor addy, his sister, just 4 months old and he will insult her constantly telling her:
"no one wants to talk to you stupid baby" and "addy, keep your noises to your own self"...she never responds obviously but he sure is pro at flyting even with me!

I hate to say that as we grow older, the flyting only gets more cruel, but absolutely humorous. We get "catty" and we get even, but we also get over it. It's all out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment